News with N

To keep you smiling with N, hoping with N, thinking with N, and being with N, far or near, distant or dear.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I hope to be all that my family and friends think that I am (at least the good things they think I am about)! I hope I've made a difference in peoples lives.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Miss N'

It was a wonderland of sweets, candy and petit fours galore! We had gone there to get some good treats for Christmas and it was truly a land of enchantment, with reindeer suckers, red and white chocolate covered malt balls, pralines, divinity, truffles, and every assortment of cakes,pastries and petit fours that looked dainty and lovely.

And there she sat in the corner crying, sobbing with the baby in her lap (the bottle still being held in shaking hands). I ran over to her and asked what is it? What is wrong? She couldn't speak, she cried heavy meaningful big tears that streamed pain all down her face. My thoughts were racing in her look of sorrow. She still couldn't speak. I hugged her head and stroked her cheek trying to calm her and get out of her what had happened.

She finally opened her mouth and spoke "Micah, was killed in Iraq."

There, in our world, a world of safety and surrounded by sweets, we were thrown into reality. The reality that God gives us time with people who come into our lives for just a small time and leave giant footprints on our hearts. There isn't anything sweeter than that. Thank you God for that sweet, sweet Micah!
For Micah and his friends and family (thank you Karen for sending this to me after reading Kim's blog): http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home