News with N

To keep you smiling with N, hoping with N, thinking with N, and being with N, far or near, distant or dear.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I hope to be all that my family and friends think that I am (at least the good things they think I am about)! I hope I've made a difference in peoples lives.

Monday, November 06, 2006

WiNNer!


I sit here watching the American County Music Awards and anxiously await the winners of each category. The best singing duo, song of the year, female artist, etc. is to be announced soon. Before the night is over we will all know the winners and it's over until this time next year when a whole new set of artists await the same nerve racking announcements. And yet, live goes on, with it's awards. Receiving awards is what a lot of us want in life. We seek little daily minute by minute gestures of recognition, pats on the back, smiles of acknowledgement, and to be told we're doing a good job.
This week we took our grandkids Halloween pictures to be placed in the newspaper. We did it because we're proud of them and wanted to show them off. We also wanted to surprise their parents with the pics in the paper.(Their first pics in newsprint) And it occurred to me that when they are grown up there may not even be newspapers. They may be obsolete and they can perhaps say that their picture was once in that old medium of communication. Who knows? After it (newspaper) went to print, we discovered that they were having a drawing of all the pictures submitted. We were notified the next day that we won! Yes, we knew our beautiful grandkids were winners! No one had to convince us of that, but we were ecstatic to find out that we had WON something for that selfish submittal of a cute (really really cute) picture. We won a guitar and amplifier for placing those pictures in the paper! Yes, our grandkids are WiNNers ! and we have the prizes to prove it! Make someone a winner today by smiling, acknowledging, thanking, and appreciating someone before the sun goes down. And I'm delighted that "Believe" won tonight! I really love that song!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

It made my day that Adalie's pic was in the paper! She is famous! And a winner! Thank you for loving us so much! That is worth more than any prize!
I must mention that you won the city's Business Person of the year award-what a great accomplishment! I am so proud of you!

8:48 PM  
Blogger aWare said...

NEW POST PLEASE!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home